Friday, August 6, 2010

Calling all Patricia Briggs Fans!

Hello, hello!!!

I came a cross the cover of the highly anticipated 6th novel for the Mercy Thompson Series titled, River Marked, by Patricia Briggs. According to Amazon, River marked will be released on January 25, 2011, WHOOHOO! I am so freaking excited about this. As you all well know, I love Patricia's books and have been fortunate to meet her. She's such a lovely person and super down to earth.

So now I'm getting to the juicy part. Below is the cover of River Marked: What do you think? At first glance I thought they used a model on the cover, and felt myself deflate a bit. That's only because I find it hard to deal with when some of my favorite books and their covers get "tampered" with. But they didn't (wiping forehead). Anyway, I do like Mercy's earrings and she still looks so bad ass but maybe too sexy this time. I really liked the previous covers because she just looked so badass and not so worried about being sexy. That's how her character is portrayed and consistency is key in maintaining fans, right?

Here is a blurb from the Book Depository on Patricia Briggs 6th book in the Mercy Thompson Series.

Car mechanic Mercy Thompson has always known there was something different about her, and not just the way she can make a VW engine sit up and beg. Mercy is a shapeshifter, a talent she inherited from her long-gone father. And she's never known any others of her kind. Until now. As Mercy comes to terms with this new information, an evil is stirring in the depths of the Columbia River. Something deadly is coming, facts are thin on the ground and Mercy feels ill at ease. However, her father's people may know more. To have any hope of surviving, Mercy and her mate, the Alpha werewolf Adam, will need all the resources the shifters can offer. Or death will be the least of their worries.

What a great way to enter the next book. Mercy finally gets to meet face to face with other shape shifters via her father's relatives. I especially want to see how Adam reacts to all the shape shifters he's going to have in the "family" because Adam wants Mercy to marry in one month according to Bone crossed. So exciting isn't it.

Leave a comment and tell me what you so excited about in the book "River Marked" and feel free to share any theories you've whipped up about it. We'd love to hear from ya.

Have a great weekend ;)

Photobucket


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love that she's finally going to meet her father's family! That's been such a big question mark in her life until now. I can't wait to find out more. (LOVE those books - so, so good.)