Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Author Spotlight: P.Q. Glisson


Photobucket


Book Lovers Delight has a very special guest today.  P.Q. Glisson, author of the novel, Her Sanctuary, is here to share with us some of her personal and literary experiences and we are thrilled to have her here with us today.

BLD: P.Q. Glisson, it's great to have you here on Book Lovers Delight. Tell us about your latest projects?

PhotobucketP.Q.: Well, I currently have a few “irons in the fire”. I’m working on my first Young Adult novel. It’s a fantasy romance/mystery. My goodreads friends can find a sneak preview on my profile page. I am also working on a historical romance set in pre-civil war and I have outlines for several others ranging from period novels to romantic comedies. I just love to write and use my imagination.

BLD: Who was the first person to hear about your success as a newly published author?

P.Q.: Wow, no one has ever asked me THAT question before. I guess I would have to say my Husband and my Daughter.

BLD: Who is your greatest fan and what would you like for them to know?
P.Q.: Okay, now you’ve put me in a pickle. There are a few people besides my family who I would love to thank. First of all, Jobie Dickeson, who helped spread the word on facebook. Tom Xander, who helped me build my fan page on facebook. He was such a blessing. Lacey Williams, who not only is a great friend I met on goodreads, but the first person ever to send me my very first fan letter. She is amazing! Jennifer Murgia, author of “Angel Star”, who befriended me and has helped me deal with the ups and downs of being a published author.
Gosh, I feel like I’m accepting an Emmy or something.

Now let's take a look at an excerpt from Her Sanctuary provided by P.Q. Glisson on goodreads:

Photobucket
The fog finally lifted as Shannon realized who was gently rocking her. She could smell his woodsy scent and it was inviting. All of the anger she had felt toward him disappeared with the fog. Her body relaxed and she let him hold her. There wasn’t anything sexual about his embrace. He touched her as though she were a piece of fine china. Unable to hold back her emotions, she sobbed against his chest. She gripped him like a drowning person. Seth held her, letting her release all the emotions that had festered for so long inside her.



BLD: When developing characters, your perception of each character may change throughout the story, how do you feel about your main characters at this time?

P.Q.: I love them! They took on their own personalities early in the book and I found myself along for the ride. Shannon’s quiet strength; her ability to push the horrendous past into the past, keeping her childlike innocence and goodness, and Seth’s damaged spirit; his self-loathing and guilt for the death of his wife and child was so heart breaking to witness. I loved how his armor cracked when Shannon, his soul mate, stumbles into his life and his arms. They may proclaim their love early in the story, but when you meet your soul mate, no matter what you’ve been through in the past, suddenly you’re a whole person, all the emotional scars are healed. That’s the power of true love.

BLD: What advice would you give to aspiring authors?

P.Q.: Don’t give up. If you really love writing, write with all your heart and soul. Don’t worry about what others may say or think. And learn everything you can about publishing. Too many people think that just because they’ve written a really great book, everyone is going to be clamoring to sign them up for a lucrative contract; that’s just not the case. I read that even Her Highness, Stephenie Meyer got turned down ten times before her manuscript was picked up. As my mom used to say, “Perseverance paves the way”.

P.Q. Glisson, thank you very much for your time and Book Lovers Delight wishes you the very best with your future successes!

Her Sanctuary can be found on just about any bookstore website and amazon.com.

P.Q. Glisson is available on facebook, goodreads.com and she can also be reached by email: hersanctuarybypqglisson@gmail.com.  Be sure to drop a comment on her blog .





No comments: