Friday, April 30, 2010

I'm back! (and am now a HUGE Patricia Briggs fan)

Photobucket
Hi Everyone!!
Sorry for my long absence from book world! I have many of things on my plate...such as we moved into our first house, helping out my dad and stepmom and their production company. Along with that, I am working on hopefully starting my own catering/cake business. All this on top of working a full time job and being a wife to my wonderful and supportive husband and a mommy to my adorable puppy and 3 cats. Life has been crazy and as Karina said we've both had many life changing situations that we have been happily focused on.

HOWEVER, I have not forgotten any of you and am so happy to see some new faces on our follower list! You all should tell your friends about us...our blog is pretty amazing <3 On another note..Karina has been telling me and telling me and telling me that I HAVE to read the Mercy Thompson series written by Patricia Briggs. I have been dragging my feet, because I have tried to read the first and I guess third time is a charm...I have officially finished the book and now am a full on fan of Patricia Briggs and her Mercy Thompson series. In my opinion the story started off slow, and normally when a book starts out slow I loose interest as I did the first two times.

But thanks to the announcement that Patricia Briggs is doing a book signing at our very own Barnes and Noble and how many wonderful things I kept hearing about the series, I felt I had to give it another shot and so I went to AMAZON.COM and ordered the second and third book and settled down to read the first. I seriously had stopped just short of where the story gets good. I think what the hard part was is that these books are based on the town that I live and have grown up in. I know most all of the places she is talking about, which was hard for me to get past! I get pretty easily distracted nowadays! Mercy...I adore her character. I love any woman power character that can take care of her self! The other cool thing is the variety of people in the book. There are Fae, Vamps, Weres and then Mercy the shapeshifter. All the characters are so good and you get this great picture of what each would look like and how they would sound talking. I just can't get enough of this series now, and wish I would have taken the advice and read it before!! I am so excited to meet Patricia Briggs tomorrow night and much like Karina I will be taking my camera, and I will need to but the 3rd,4th, and 5th books!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket LOVED IT!

Photobucket





Moon Called (Mercy Thompson)
Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, Book 2)
Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, Book 3)
Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson)
Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson, Book 5)

1 comment:

Angelique said...

I've been thinking of starting this series, think I will pick up book one on my next order, thanks for posting the review!
And congrats on all the good stuff going on in your life =)