Saturday, June 12, 2010
Author Spotlight-Tory Richards!!
We hope you enjoy this interview as much as we did!!
3) What inspired you to write your first book? I loved fairy tales when I was young, and how the princess and prince lived happily ever after. I wanted to write my own stories with happy endings.
7) What is your inspiration when confronted with writers block? I'm usually working on several projects at a time so if I experience writers block I'll switch books for a while. If it's total writers block I walk away. I can't force myself to write. And since writing is a hobby for me I'm not under any time lines.
8) What has been the most rewarding part of being a published author? Seeing the finished product. The editing is done, the book cover has been designed, and it's release day. Nothing sweeter!
9) What advice would you give to up and coming authors? Don't give up on your dreams, ever! If you believe in yourself someone else will, too. And expect rejections. They're a part of a writer's life.
10) Open to a random page in your book. Can you tell us what is happening? Well, this is the first time I've ever had a question like this. Fantastic! You didn't say which book so I picked my latest, Talk Dirty to Me, page 46. Lilly and Blake are attending a rehearsal dinner the night before her brother's wedding. When another man asks Lilly to dance she goes out of her way to tease Blake until he breaks in, deciding to punish Lilly right there on the dance floor. In a series of erotic moves he turns Lilly on until she's mindless with desire against him, and takes it one step further until she loses total control. What happens after is just as hot.
11) Favorite quote? It's never to late. If it isn't a quote it should be.
12) If I came to your home and looked in your refrigerator, what would I find? LOL, another good question! You would find milk, eggs, all the normal condiments, cheese, lunch meat, vegetables, salad, yogurt, a hamburger left over from dinner last night, opened bottle of wine, olives, pickles, salsa and apple juice.
13) If you had 3 wishes what would they be? That my daughter has a healthy baby in December. That the car I just bought today was paid off. That my husband's health was better.
14) Where can book lovers find your novels and how can they contact you for more information? They can contact me at: email@example.com, visit my website at: www.toryrichards.com. They can find my novels at Barnes and Nobles, Amazon, Fictionwise, All Romance eBooks, Whiskey Creek Press Torrid, Ellora's Cave, and soon The Wild Rose Press. Publisher's links: http://whiskeycreekpresstorrid.com/authors/Tory_Richards.shtml and http://www.jasminejade.com/p-8369-talk-dirty-to-me.aspx
15) Is there anything else you would like to share with your fans? That I love hearing from them, especially after they've read my books. Also, if they leave a comment on any post on my blog they have a chance to win my monthly blog giveaway. I randomly pick one reader the last Saturday of every month. They can access my blog through my website.
Again we just really want to thanks Tory for taking the time for this interview, be sure to check out her books!!