Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Witch & Wizard By James Patterson & Gabrielle Charbonnet

Ok so hang tight with me tonight...it may look like I have been slacking on my reviews but I promise I havent...in the last two weeks I have read four books and am in the process of reading two more right now. So here goes =)
Photobucket

I had a little bit of a hard time with the formatting of this book. Normally I am not into the short 1-2 page chapters and I don't normally enjoy the story written from two different people's perspectives. However, the story line was decent, but I felt like the book was a little "young" it wasn't as action packed or as interesting as I was expecting. I was dissapointed because I was expecting so much more from this book. I was so distracted by the length of the chapters and trying to remember who's angle it was from, from one page to the next. I think the story line could have been expanded more and had more meat to it and that we should have learned more from the characters. But that was nothing compared to the ending. I realize that there is another book coming but I personally HATE when the last words on the page are "To Be Continued" I mean that is just such a let down to me. Another thing that slightly bothered me were the references to great american novels. For example: "The Pitcher In The Wheat", "Margaret's Pen", "Gary Blotter and the Guild of Rejects" Also, things such as "Ron Sayer", "We Shall Be Titans", "Lay-Z" to name a few. How about we refer to your book as the "Worst & Wimpy". I think this book could have had such potential and I was let down.


Photobucket


NOTHING SPECIAL


2 comments:

Lais said...

Oh darn. This book is one of the books by James Patterson I was REALLY looking forward to reading. I will have to read it for myself but so far not a lot of people liked this book or they thought it ws just "ok"... Thats too bad. Thanks for sharing your review though.

-Book Lovers Delight said...

yeah I was really excited to read it to and had been waiting for it to come out!!