Thursday, February 4, 2010

Book Review: Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles



Photobucket




Perfect Chemistry By Simone Elkeles (357 pages)


Synopsis:
At Fairfield High School, on the outskirts of Chicago , everyone knows that south-siders mixing with north-siders can be explosive. So when Brittany Ellis and Alejandro “Alex” Fuentes are forced to be lab partners in chemistry class, this human experiment leads to unexpected revelations – that Brittany ’s flawless reputation is a cover for her troubled home life, that Alex’s bad-boy persona hides his desire to break free from gang ties, and that when they’re together, life somehow makes more sense. Breaking through the stereotypes and expectations that threaten to keep Brittany and Alex apart, Perfect Chemistry takes readers to both sides of the tracks in a passionate love story about looking beneath the surface.


Book Review:
This book rocked! I was sucked in completely with the first page and it was like I was standing next to Brittany's car as she was about to run over Alex. The scenes were extremely well written and so vivid that the school, Alex and Brittany popped out like 3D.
I loved the friction these two created from the very beginning and it just grew like wild fire from there. I loved the reaction the class had when Brittany introduced Alex to the class and visa versa. AHHH! Loved it, loved it, loved! it!
Now for the more serious elements this book had were also very real. They included the tight knit Latino family, the gangs from Chicago, the dysfunctional rich family. There were more elements but these were brought to the forefront and played a major part in the book. Paco, Alex's best friend was so loving in his own way he made the ultimate sacrifice. I couldn't help but tear a little. I felt much better knowing Alex had a tribute for Paco in the Epilogue. I don't want to give too much away. I know that when I post this I will remember what I really wanted to say and end up adding more to the post.
I don't know how else to express that this book is fabulous! Yes, the main story was typical but what Simone Elkeles did was brilliant, fresh like on a sunny winter morning, just b-e-a-utiful! I recommend this book to everyone. And if you haven't read it yet, what are you waiting for? I guarantee you will be in aw and drool over this bad boy.

Okay so my final score is 5 hearts, see below! I am so ready for the sequel called Rules of Attraction and it has Alex's little brother Carlos Fuentes as the main character. To come out this year so stay tuned!



Photobucket



Loved it!


No comments: