Friday, February 18, 2011

Book Review: Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick


PhotobucketSynopsis:
Nora should have known her life was far from perfect. Despite starting a relationship with her guardian angel, Patch (who, title aside, can be described as anything but angelic), and surviving an attempt on her life, things are not looking up. Patch is starting to pull away and Nora can't figure out if it's for her best interest or if his interest has shifted to her arch-enemy, Marcie Millar. Not to mention that Nora is haunted by images of her father and she becomes obsessed with finding out what really happened to him that night he left for Portland and never came home.
Book Review: Crescendo was a book that I felt really anxious about reading even before I turned to read the first page. I remember the way Hush, Hush had me feeling, I just wasn't sure I wanted to go through it again. Nevertheless, I made the choice to chug along; Patch and Nora's story got the better of me ;)

Well to my suprise, I got into my reading groove almost immediately. So the hook in the beginning was pretty great. As for the meat of the story (Nora, Patch and Marcie) I really began to dislike Patch all over again, like in Hush, Hush. I began to think he was a total jerk and was guilty of everything Nora accused him of. And as for Marcie, I felt Vee, as Nora's best friend, should have stuck up for Nora in many instances.

I was pleasantly surprised to read that Nora decided to take care herself as well as Marcie.

As for the book as a whole, there were very interesting plot twists that had me saying "oh" and "no way", the pages turned themselves.

Crescendo as done it again for me. Patch was literally on the end of my boot to kick to the curb until Becca Fitzpatrick sprinkled her charming words on him, that my whole impression of him warmed up.

Bottom Line:  This love story was really great to read and just as dark as Hush Hush if not a little darker. New characters emerged and took some of the spotlight from Nora and Patch. I am a true fan of Becca's and I can't wait to read the third installment "Silence" to be coming soon.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket LIKED IT.

Photobucket

No comments: